Monday, November 11, 2013

Our First Week Teaching

We started off the week very tired and not sure how it would go. Teaching university students was a bit intimidating but we were hoping for the best. I was a little shy about teaching at first and very nervous. Most my students were about 20-22 years old. That means they were all basically my age. Talk about scary. But as it turned out really knowing my subject matter helped a lot. I know English pretty well (I think) and I had a book to help guide my lessons. I only had one lesson to teach for the whole week so that helped. By the end of the week my lesson was actually running pretty smooth, too bad I have to teach a new one next week.
The students are very nice. And fun to be around. Here are some pics of some of our students and the university we are teaching at.




They really like us Americans which really helps to make me feel a little better about teaching them. The students take pictures of us while we teach and if you catch them then they duck their heads and giggle. We both teach four periods a day Monday thru Thursday each period is 45 min. It doesn’t seem like that much but I am definitely tired at the end of every day.
Overall the first week wasn’t too bad and I felt much more comfortable teaching the university students then I expected to.

No comments:

Post a Comment