So the problem with going with the group is that you are
expected to do everything the group does according to the schedule and today I just
didn’t want to. We had 8 hours of training planned. The first part was more on
the language and then traveling in China. By now I have given up ever learning
how to speak Chinese…at all. So that was pointless. The traveling in China part
was super boring plus they were going to send us the powerpoint so why would I
even try to listen to him read it? Then we had a group lunch which should have
been yummy but it just wasn’t.
After lunch we had another 4 hours of advice about teaching
basically. However, after lunch I just couldn’t do it. I had a cold. I was
nauseous. And I was exhausted I mean HELLO I’m pregnant here! So I just decided
to skip. I went up to the hotel room and had a nice 3.5 hour nap. When I woke up I
wasn’t sure what to do or what time it was. I decided I better go back to the
meeting. When I walked in the room Eric was asleep! He was supposed to be
taking notes for us to use later. Haha oh well I doubt it was really crucial. It definitely was not. I
walked back at the perfect time too because it was basically over! They wrapped
it up pretty quick and then handed out our train tickets to our cities we were
teaching in and our cell phones.One thing that Katy did miss by snoozing through the meeting was her award that she won. She won the award for looking the least like her passport picture haha. She won this head massage thingy that looks like a wiry jelly fish. I won the award for looking the most like another dude. Whatever I didn't really care...I did win a potato peeler tho haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment